Archive Office 365 Mailbox to PST
- 1 Archive Office 365 Mailbox to PST
- 1.1 Why Archive Office 365 Mailbox?
- 1.2 Different Manuals to Export Office 365 Archive Mailbox to PST Format
- 1.3 Effortless Solution to Export Office 365 Archive Mailbox to PST format
In-Place Archive in Exchange Online or Archive mailboxes in Office 365 help users by providing additional email storage to take control of messaging data. While using Outlook Web App, users are allowed to view the messages from their archive mailbox and copy/move messages between their archive and main mailboxes. Moreover, archiving Office 365 mailboxes is generally a good practice. It is helpful in the case of lost emails or any other disaster with Office 365 data such as virus attack, corruption, etc. Therefore, in this post, different methods to archive Office 365 mailbox to PST format are discussed, so that it becomes easy for a user to access it in MS Outlook in a case of any disaster.
Why Archive Office 365 Mailbox?
There are various advantages of backing up Office 365 mailbox to PST file and all of them are discussed below:
- It provides users an unlimited archive email storage, which is not from the primary mailbox part.
- By setting retention policies, messages are moved automatically or manually to archive.
- It is really easy for a user to access archive mailbox through the Outlook Web App (OWA) & Microsoft Outlook 2016/ 2013.
- In the archive mailbox, messages are easily search able and readable from any location in the mailbox.
Different Manuals to Export Office 365 Archive Mailbox to PST Format
As we discussed above archiving Office 365 mailboxes to PST data is really beneficial for any user. Therefore, in this segment, learn how to export Office 365 archive mailbox to Outlook PST format manually. Now, there are different manual available and all of them are mentioned below:
Archiving MS Office 365 Mailboxes can be done by the following manual methods:
Manual 1: Using eDiscovery Export Tool
One can use this tool to an Archive Office 365 mailbox to PST and save the selected mailbox or the folder in Outlook PST file format. The eDiscovery Export tool in the EAC permits the user to export In-Place eDiscovery search mailboxes to a PST format. Then, the search result contains the items from mailboxes and from the public folders also. After locating the desired mailbox the required results are migrated to an Outlook PST file format. Now, one can easily open that file in Outlook account and review the mail.
Step #1. To begin, go to Exchange Admin Center.
Step #2. After that, on the left pane of the display, navigate to the Compliance management
Step #3. Then, choose the In-Place eDiscovery & Hold tab
Step #4. Next, look for the eDiscovery search in the list view and for the items or mailboxes that you want to move
Step #5. Now, choose Export to a PST file option
Step #6. In the eDiscovery PST Export Tool window, follow the steps given below:
- First, download the PST file to a particular location and click on the Browse button.
- After that, check the Enable deduplication option to exclude the duplicates
- One can also check the Include unsearchable items to locate the emails/ items that cannot be searched like messages with attachments
- Using this option, the unsearchable items are exported to a different PST file
- Now, click on Start button to export the required search results to PST file format
Step #7. As the process begin, the current status of export/archive process is displayed on the Window
Manual 2: Configure Office 365 Account in Outlook 2016 to Create a PST File
To archive Office 365 mailbox to PST as a backup in case of emergency, follow the steps to given below to create a PST file:
Step #1. First of all, install Microsoft Outlook 2016 on the local machine
Step #2. After that, configure it with Office 365 user account by entering valid credential
Step #3. If the account configured successfully, try to access the account
Step #4. The default location of the PST file on the system is:
Step #5. Now, it becomes easy for a user to access the Outlook Data file (.pst).
Why Manual Fails?
Performing manual procedure to archiving Office 365 mailboxes to Outlook PST format always a complex procedure and may fail sometimes. Therefore, in this segment, limitations of archive Office 365 mailbox to PST format manually discussed:
- All the manual discussed above are quite lengthy and time taking while performing
- It becomes really difficult for a user to export selective data items such as emails, contacts, etc., at once.
- A user must have deep knowledge of Office 365 mailbox to perform all above manuals.
Effortless Solution to Export Office 365 Archive Mailbox to PST format
After using all manual solutions once, it is pretty much clear that they have many limitations and does not prove to be the best solution to archive Office 365 mailbox to PST format. Therefore, to tackle all the problems faced by the users while performing manual solution, it recommended using commercial solution i.e. Office 365 Backup Tool to do the same. One can easily use this tool migrate the Office 365 Archive Mailbox to PST and all contacts, notes, Journal to PST format in no time.
To backup office 365 mailbox to PST daily or archiving file now become important. It is because nowadays, the corruption, hacking, etc., is increasing on rapid rate due to which there is always a risk of loss of data. Moreover, there are various benefits of archiving a particular mailbox. Thus, how Office 365 archive mailbox to PST format manually is discussed above. In addition, if a user wants an easy and effortless solution then, a commercial tool is also suggested. One can also use that in order to have a convenient solution.