Every business needs to be at the top of its game to be successful, more so for those in the solar industry. As an emerging yet expanding technology, it depends greatly on software. Therefore, it’s imperative that your company implements only the best. It is quite easy to get overwhelmed because of the sheer quantity of software available in the market. If you are considering investing in software that meets the demands of your business, here are several reasons why you are making the right choice.
Recommended: Do Not Miss the Beauty of Project Management
Why should you invest in software?
As with any other business, there is a great deal of competition. It’s always about satisfying the customers. They need quicker service, more satisfaction, demand the best return on their investment, and a guarantee that their investment will reap rewards. And because installing a solar power system carries a hefty price tag, customers only want to deal with companies that are experienced, well-established and have a good reputation in the trade.
To create an excellent reputation and sway the consumer base towards your business, you need to rule out any chance of error. Common problems are caused by the improper placement and orientation of solar panels, inefficiency of the design or products, or delays in the installation of the PV system. Any mistakes on your behalf will not only decrease your profits but also deter clients elsewhere. And the worst part is that 45% of unhappy customers share their bad experiences on social media. So, you’re heading full on into negative reviews and bad ratings.
But more importantly, implementing the software into your business is all about embracing the ways of the 21st century. Every aspect of our lives is already integrated with newer technology. And since this era waits for no one, those who do not keep up with the trends will find themselves falling behind in the race to success. After all, we are all aware of the theory, ‘survival of the fittest.’
What are the benefits of implementing solar software?
- The implementation of the right software can help you gain a competitive edge over others.
- The software can help get more accurate results quicker.
- You’ll be able to complete projects on time, enabling you to close more deals as an installer.
- With the aid of specific software, you will be able to design an efficient system that generates the most electricity.
- Panels must be placed and positioned at the proper angle to catch the most amount of sunlight. The software helps to simplify this process while making it more accurate.
- The effect of surrounding structures and trees and their shadows can be accurately forecasted so that they do not interfere with the productivity of the solar panels.
- The project site can be surveyed easily without the need for highly-skilled labor.
- The workload of the engineering team, which includes design and proposal preparation, is reduced due to automation.
- Initial measurements such as solar radiation, azimuth, rooftop inclination angle, and shadow analysis can be acquired quickly. This information can be shared throughout the company.
- Price quotes and feasibility studies can be prepared effortlessly.
- The software helps to improve the overall management of projects so that they are finished on time.
- Up-to-date information can be synced on an online platform so that it’s shared between employees in real time and informed decisions can be made right away.
- Customer acquisition is simpler.
- With solar software, the company has the potential to boost sales and reduce operational costs.
- Implementing the correct software helps installers save time, money and effort.
- Software incorporated with current electric rates helps to calculate the amount of money that clients can save on electric bills with the installation of a PV system.
- Others can monitor and analyze changes in energy consumption throughout the day, again highlighting ways that the customer can manage their system. Net-metering forecasts can help reduce costs in the long run.
- Solar software provides a high level of job, project and contract supervision. As a business manager or owner, you know how each employee is performing and his contribution to the project. You will always know what’s going on in your business.
- Scheduling and dispatching staff members to the right site at the right time enhances organization within the business.
- Asset maintenance and management can be completed comprehensively.
- Invoicing, financing, employee payroll, tax audits, and various aspects of accounting can be handled with accuracy.
- Most software is easy to use and integrate. So, you won’t need to spend too much time teaching your staff technical jargon. Most tasks about their job description will be automated.
- Solar software can help streamline the entire business process; thereby promoting a positive cash flow environment throughout a company.
- The software can facilitate clear communication with clients. With the aid of advanced design tools and 3D visuals, they can accurately visualize how the solar power system will appear on their property.
- The business can utilize software that provides 3D aerial images of the project site and irradiance maps to locate the best solar access points. Simulations of the sun’s movements can portray the path of the sun at every hour throughout the year over the property. More importantly, any shadows created on the panels can be prevented which would otherwise compromise the efficiency of the system.
- When a company implements the latest technologies of the trade, it builds customer confidence and promotes trust.
- With all the information available through a smartphone, business owners can manage their business ‘on-the-go’ 24/7 and make informed judgments.
- Solar software provides solutions that allow managers and owners to become more efficient, versatile, and cost-effective. It helps to improve the bottom line of the business as well as customer service.
- There are many software to manage various aspects of your solar business. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software deals with contact lists, automated online marketing, scheduling appointments, and follow-ups. On the other hand, solar sales software focuses on those responsibilities related to sales such as inventory, customer data management, generation of sales contracts, invoicing, etc.
What’s the final word on the matter?
By now, you can clearly comprehend the benefits of using solar software for your business. Within a short time of incorporating any software, you’ll experience increased efficiency in the administration and running of your solar installation company. Remember, the key to success lies in reducing costs and enforcing strict installation procedures of tiles or solar panels and eradicating any inefficiencies within the business.
Audrey Throne is a mother of a 3-year old and a professional blogger by choice. Throne is passionate about lifestyle, business, automotive, technology and management and blogs frequently on these topics. Find her on Twitter: @audrey_throne
Related Software News:
- How to Choose Call Center Software?
- Top 11 Benefits of Implementing ERP Software
- 7 Ways That a Sales Team Can Benefit From a CRM System