Best Data Recovery Software for Mac to get deleted data on Mac. Losing all your data is a nightmare no one wants to wake up to! Yet there are times, when a computer glitch can make you lose all your work related important stuff. You would feel awful, if somehow accidentally the childhood memories of your beloved child gets lost because of some technical snag. Since, these problems can happen anytime with anyone, a ready solution is available these days. Many data recovery software were made to cater to the needs of millions of computer users.
Most of the computers run on Windows, Linux or Mac operating systems. Loss of data is a problem which can happen with any OS. Luckily for a Windows user, many good data recovery software are available in the market – free or paid versions. But, a Mac user has some difficulty finding that perfect software. This article helps all those users to select the best data recovery software for Mac, from the following based on their pros and cons.
Best Data Recovery Software for Mac
Here is list of data recovery software for Mac which you can download and use to recover you lost data.
1. Disk Drill for Mac
One of the highly recommended software for data recovery, it is available in both free (basic) as well as paid (pro) versions. It can scan iPods, iPads, kindle, SD card as well as USB drives apart from your computer system. It can recover a variety of file types including documents, photos, videos and audio files.
- Data recovery from any storage type
- Guiding tutorials for ease of use
- Data protection that guarantees recovering of files
- Good user interface
- Build-in backup
- Pro version purchase required for usage of full features
- Interface slightly tricky to handle
- It doesn’t offer phone support
2. Data Rescue 4
Considered by most users as one of the best data recovery software for Mac, it helps recover all file types. It has been in use since 2002 and has proved its worth for more than a decade. It has a unique clone feature, which helps replicate your drive and then scans the clone drive. This ensures that if anything goes wrong during the recovery process, your original drive is unharmed and intact.
- Deep scan of hard disk to find deleted files
- Data recovery from corrupted, crashed, and formatted drives available
- Offers recovery of all sorts of media
- Phone support available
- Allows filtering of damaged files
- For unlimited data recovery annual subscription is mandatory
- Licence purchase necessary to restore recoverable files
- Partition repair tools unavailable
- Second hard drive required
3. Stellar Phoenix recovery
Another popular program for data recovery for Mac users is Stellar Phoenix. It can recover almost all types of deleted and lost files from corrupted, crashed and deleted partitions. It helps recover lost data by scanning entire hard disk. The various advantages and disadvantages of this software are as follows:
- Recovers encrypted file systems
- Can recover (undelete) files with original intact original file names
- Raw data recovery supported
- Offers support for various file systems
- Comparatively costly
- Slightly confusing with many options available for recovery
- Purchase license required to recover scanned files
One of the simplest user interface programs available for data recovery for Mac, it helps to save the recovered files along with the scanning of drives. You can also preview files before having them recovered. It can recover individual files that are fully corrupt, even from deleted partitions. However, it is not free!
Apart from the above mentioned programs, there are others worth mentioning. Time Machine is a utility app that comes pre-installed with all Mac computers to ensure time-to-time backup of files. iSkysoft Data Recovery has a good user interface, easy to use guidelines and no technical skill required for usage, but it is costly. There are free software available too, such as Do Your data recovery for mac Free. It can effectively recover data lost due to voltage fluctuations causing crashed hard drive. However, it requires a pro version for utilizing its advanced features.
Hope this shortlists the options available and helps you narrow down on a programme, suiting your needs for data recovery.