Its every blogger’s dream to be successful and have a huge fan following for their blog, Some want it to earn money, some for popularity and some other for satisfaction.
But today there are crores of blogs out there and at-least lacs in your blog’s niche, In this stiff competition, how to build a fan following for your new blog? Here’s the answer.
#1. Choosing a domain name
A domain name plays an important role in building fan following,
For eg: consider you choose a domain like pcagmakishere.com and your blog’s niche is blogging and seo, that doesn’t relate at all, and is too long to remember.
How to choose a domain name?
- Include main keyword in domain name, so that domain name can relate to the niche
- Add something extra so that your site will rank high for the exact query
- Make sure the domain name is short.
Eg: instead of choosing seoforwebsite.com, you can better choose seoge.com, so it contains the keyword seo and its short and easy to remember and at the same time, when your visitor search for seoge, your site will rank first, unlike seoforwebsite, where you will site will rank very low because seo for website is a common query.
#2. Choosing the host service provider and plan
If your site is meant for audience of a particular country like education Website, it’s always better to choose a hosting service provider of the Same country, so that every user requests do not have to go to an international server and return back, it improves the site speed.
It’s always better to go for popular host service providers. If you are aiming for wide audience, do not select sharing host, instead select dedicated hosting services. Make sure you buy an SSL certificate too as it plays an important role in SEO and security.
3. Website design
If you are a newbie blogger and if you are not a good programmer, its better to stick with WordPress and select a premium mobile friendly theme( paid one). Make sure to add contact us and about us pages. Do add forums, browser notifications, e store, live chat and other features, these widgets are available for free in some sites.
#4. Content writing
Write interesting unique and plagiarism free articles, Here are some ideas on how to write good articles
- Internet is vast, your visitors will always be checking for some great services, pick up free and great services which are useful to your visitors and write a review about it.
- Pick a trending topic in your niche, and write your own view of it.
- Write a complete guide on how to.. , it makes your audience feel good and subscribe to your blog.
Make sure the article is grammatically correct and meaningful. Add no follow attributes to affiliate links , add a related posts widget to your blog so as to reduce bounce rates, link to quality sites of your niche, it makes you audience believe you.
Please write atleast 10 articles before you share them in social media.
Now the blog is completely built and ready to go viral, but how to find the audience for your blog?
- Join Facebook, reddit groups of your audience and post links, join atleast 50 groups.
- Join Quora, and answer all the questions of audience of your niche, and give a link back to your site, fans acquired through Quora are loyal and will turn to subscribers
- Make use of Google+, share your links, include a Google plus plugin of your page in your blog and build followers to it.
- Make use of other Google products like Google form and Google groups and try to acquire following through them.
- Join other bloggers by joining blogger groups in Facebook and exchange shares and comments with them, it makes your blog reach other countries as well.
The very last step is SEO, submit your site to Google webmasters, bing webmasters and Request indexing of your blog pages. Install Google analytics in your blog. Add alt attributes to all images, make sure all posts are keyword optimized and have good meta descriptions. Add robots.txt and sitemaps to your blog.
Engage with your fans by social media and emails and enjoy a great fan following.
Guest Author Harish udupa,s Blogger at booost bloggers