Are you Kodi lover? Do you want to install Kodi on Windows 10 for free sports streaming? Than you are at right page. We have shared working guide to download Kodi on Windows.
You’ve probably heard of Kodi – and apparently haven’t heard good things about it. Right? The software is often in the headlines because of the ongoing controversies over ‘fully-loaded Kodi boxes’ that make it easy to stream copyright-protected media content from the Internet through third-party plugins. Though Kodi addons are so popular among the end uses, however, piracy owners don’t like the streaming application that much. We have also shared guide on how to install Kodi on PS4?
Don’t know Kodi? Have a look;
Kodi has been a popular open source software aka media center, allowing geeks to access all kinds of videos and music on respective devices. Kodi has turned into a community of 38 million users globally; you can imagine the importance of such a useful media software. Kodi, ex-named Xbox Media Center (XBMC), scratch content from thousands of addons, different genres have different addons to get the content from. It’s highly compatible with all the available OS including Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and others. Be it MP3, PM4, AAC, OGG, etc. Kodi has content of every other format. You can also store the content to watch later.
Windows 10 has carried the largest usage share of 42.3% so, does the ratio of windows Kodi-geeks. When it comes to movies, TV series and other media content, larger than live-view-come to mind; watching games of Thrones or any UFC fight on the laptop, is way better than on palm tabs. Anyways, it’s still subjective, where to watch. If your sports fanatics and want to watch all your favorite games in one place on Windows 10, then this guide is just for you
Installing Kodi on your computer is just like installing any Windows application. There are ways to download; either from the Kodi’s official website or the Windows Store. Follow the step-by-step instructions and install Kodi on your PC/laptop.
Install Kodi on Windows 10 – Manual installation
The most useful yet more straightforward way to install Kodi on Windows 10, is to configure the Kodi installation manually. Simply download EXE file and hit yes to the windows installer options and wait for few moments to finish the installation process. This method works on all Windows computers and devices, and according to the Kodi community, this is the easiest way to install Kodi. The best thing about the manual setup is that you don’t need any Microsoft Account at all. For your convenience, we have a walkthrough of the step-by-step process.
- Download the latest Kodi for Windows 10 – Kodi 17 Krypton Kodi 18 Leia
- Click the downloaded file to start the Installer
- “Run” the installer
- Upon prompted click “Next”
- Now click “Finish” to close the Installer
- Ta da! Now Kodi is in your Windows 10.
Want one-click solution? Find Kodi in the Windows Store
Now Kodi is available from the official Windows Store but only the latest version, so, for Windows 7/8 user, this option is not available as the most recent stable just run on Windows 10 and above.This installation is quicker but, a Microsoft Account is needed. Follow the simple procedure;
- Go to Windows Store
- Hit install
- Wait for a confirmation pop-up
Kodi System Supported Graphic Cards
Almost all the newer graphics cards are supported including the ATI Radeon R420 and the NVIDIA GeForce 6-series. The team at Kodi recommends at least GeForce 8 series card or an ATI Radeon R700.
Now enjoy Kodi on your computer, but hold on! How to configure Kodi settings on Windows 10?
Don’t worry! Here you go;
Configure Kodi settings on Windows 10
You have downloaded Kodi on your PC/Laptop; now you have to configure the settings for an improved experience.
Before proceeding, allow unknown sources to your Kodi, as being an open source, the media center to access the content from different addons. Thinking about addon? Relax! This guide has everything.
Steps to setup Kodi settings on windows 10
- From the Kodi home screen, click Settings > System settings.
- Go to Addons, click the button next to Unknown sources, and click Yes to confirm.
- Now install add-ons like Halow Live TV in your Kodi to stream your favorite UFC Fight Night.
Nowadays streaming sports are quite popular as many exclusive matches are broadcasting from premium channels. Recently, many Kodi sporting Addons have targeted some big ISPs and forced to discontinue including; Phoenix and Navi-X – the biggest until now. Fortunately, there are still addons for your sports craze; watch your favorite Sports TV Channels or stream sporting events with these addons.
Select your favorite addon from the given list of the 6 Best Sports Kodi Addons
- Halow Live TV: An addon with most fans. These days, you will find hundreds of tweets, thanking Halow Live TV addon for high-quality streams on match days! If you are football or boxing fanatic, then we highly recommend you to give it a try. Scroll down to get the handy guide to download an addon.
- SportsDevil: Stream and watch all sorts of global sporting events including NFL games, with SportDevil. This streaming devil is one of the most famous and oldest Kodi addons pleasing millions of Kodi-geeks.
- Pro Sport: Do you religiously follow NBA, NHL and/or NFL? If you do, this Pro Sports is an ideal addon for you! This add-on uses Reddit to for streaming links without hosting anything. Get Pro Sports and stream your favorite sports and get updated streams from significant online communities.
- cCloud TV: Are you the one who supports and watch specific players of specific regions? If yes, the cloud TV regionally distributed list would be helpful for you. McCloud’s collection has almost all the international TV channels international, including Sports channels. Get your hands on this addon and select the content based on the geographical regions. We recommend you to use the SuperRepo for this addon.
- Freeview-Addon (third-party addon): If you are in UK or want to stream UK TV without spending a penny, then Freeview is for you. It has all the UK free channels including BT Sports.
Note: If you’re not physically locating in the UK and facing geo-restrictions while streaming UK-only content, so replace your IP address with a best VPN for Kodi and be a UK citizen in the virtual world.
Different addons offer different channels with related experiences, based on your needs. Now, we are here to provide a quick guide to installing an addon in your Kodi. We take Halow Live TV, as an example.
- From Kodi home screen go to “Settings”
- Now go to File Manager > Add Source.
- Select “None” and then enter this url in the given box “http://kurdmovie.net/repo/“.
- Give it a name “Halow Repo” and OK.
- Go back to home screen > Addons > Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Go to Install from Zip -> Halow Repo.
- Select the repository.HalowTV-x.x.x.zip.
- Just wait for the notification
- Now, select Install from the repository.
- Now go to Halow Repository > Video add-ons and select Halow Live TV addon.
- Find the install button in the bottom right and give it a click, few more seconds and you’re done.
This is the precise yet insightful guide to install Kodi addons to stream global sports. Feel free to share your favorite Kodi addon that is working best in your respective Kodi platform.