The only way in which you can enhance the performance of your Instagram account is to track and monitor it to ensure that it is providing you with the results as desired and high ROI. You will find it easy and less cumbersome to do this when you know how exactly you can do this as well as the right tools to use.
There is no doubt that establishing an active social media marketing campaign and to get the desired results to take time and a lot of effort. Using such tools is essential to track the performance of your Instagram account in order to make sure that:
- Your efforts do not go in vain and fall short of achieving the desired results
- Your account spreads the desired amount of awareness of your brand
- It creates a better brand identity and online presence.
You will also be able to know the rate of engagement, the total number of followers, likes, comments, and mentions generated by your account.
Recommended: HublaaGram Review – Get Unlimited Likes On Instagram
With all this data and information, you will be able to make the necessary changes in your Instagram marketing strategy to ramp up its performance.
Measure the engagement rate
In order to measure the performance of your Instagram account, you will need to look for a few specific metrics.
Engagements of each follower is an important metric that will enable you to know the engagement with your content of the users with relation to the total follower count. Make sure that you do this even if you have a small follower count.
- This will ensure that you make your evaluation correctly.
- It will also let you know why exactly your follower count is so low while that of your competitors are far higher than yours.
In order to find out this useful Instagram metric, you will need first to collect the total amount of engagement received by your account for a specific period of time. If you use a proper tool for this measurement, you will be able to:
- Click on the Reports tab
- Select Instagram Business Profiles under Instagram Reports and
- Scroll through the Overview tab.
You will see that the engagement rate is calculated already. However, you will need to plug in the total because these calculations are made based on the impressions, which are also valuable insights.
The formula to measure engagement rate on Instagram is: Total Engagements / Follower Count * 100 = Engagement Rate.
Confused? Take help from experts visiting sites like https://blastup.com or others.
Once you know the ways to determine and see the volume of traffic Instagram drives, you will need to know the specific links, updates, and stories clicked by your followers.
- This is also an important metric that will enable you to know how exactly your account is performing.
- It will also help you to take your Instagram analytics to the next higher level.
- It will help you a great deal when you create URLs with UTM parameters.
All these facts will enable you to know the platform’s analytics as well as the source of your visitors. The UTM parameters will act as informational tags that you will basically need to append to any of the standard URLs.
Yes, you may find that it is pretty unwieldy to type out the UTM URLs manually, but there are specific tools available on the internet that are simple to use and will help you to generate useful and relevant URLs for your account.
Instagram Insights tool
One essential tool that you can use is Instagram Insights tool, provided you have a dedicated Instagram business account to yourself. You will also have access to several other free analytics using your Instagram business account.
However, using Instagram Insights tools is especially recommended because it will provide you with the basic stats that will help you to:
- Assess your Instagram marketing efforts and results
- Find out more about the followers on this platform
- The time when they are active on this platform and
- The types of posts that are performing well.
The end result of these is that it will help you to choose the right type of content that is more likely to resonate with your target audience.
Track the follower growth
There is no other way to grow you’re an Instagram account but to track the growth of your followers on this platform. This will enable you to know whether your efforts of tailoring your content according to the preferences and demands of your target audience are paying off well.
To ascertain the growth of your Instagram followers, you will have to either:
- Keep track manually of the follower count every week or
- Use specific tools to get a glance at the growth of your Instagram account.
If you use a tool, then the tool itself will do the calculation for you, but if you do it manually, there is a specific process to follow.
- First, take the follower count at the end of the week
- Then, deduct that number from the number you had at the beginning of that specific week
- Next, divide the number arrived by the total follower count at the beginning of the week and
- Finally, multiply the quotient by 100.
This will show the growth of your account expressed as a percentage.
Viewing different statistics on Instagram
While viewing Instagram account statistics, there are two convenient ways in which you can do that.
- You can view the statistics of your own account and
- Use different social media analysis tools to see the account statistics of your own as well as of others’ accounts.
You can also see the account statistics in the service itself, but this is available only to those accounts that have switched to a business account. This is because Instagram account statistics are available for only those posts that are made after enabling the business account. That means if you disable your business account and then again enable it, all data will be lost.
Just keep these facts in your mind to know about the performance of your Instagram account in the best and most accurate way possible.