The world always wants something new and updated, to keep them entertained, today we will be talking about how to install Kodi on PS4. So let’s first talk about what is PS4 and Kodi.
What is PS4?
The full form of PS4 is Play Station 4, it’s a 4k gaming powerhouse successor to the PS3, developed by SONY. It is a product which is very widely used by the gamers. The PS4 comes with a wireless controller which enriches our gaming experience further.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is a free, open source software. It is a complete entertainment package, which brings all your media together. It is mainly made to increase the user experience of the user. Kodi can be linked with any computer, smartphone or tablet and turn that into a streamer. Through kodi we can install many custom made apps or add-ons. There are millions of add-on available for kodi. These add-ons cater to a variety of audience. You can stream online movies, shows, anime and much more.
Installing Kodi on PS4
PS4 also support media, hence we can easily all those stuff mentioned above on PS4 and kodi is one of the few best media players out there in the market. Though kodi is available for many of the operating systems such as android, ios, windows, Mac OS etc, but this app is not officially available for PS4. But don’t worry we have an equally good app for the same which goes by the name Plex. You won’t experience much difference in both the apps.
Here is Steps: –
- Open your PlayStation control located in the bottom left corner.
- Once that is opened, then open the PlayStation Store.
- Locate the Search bar In the window and click on that
- Search Plex App
- Once you find the app click on that
- Now click on the download option appearing on the Plex App
- The duration of downloads depends on the speed of your internet, be patient as it downloads
- We are half way through, though the app is installed but to enjoy all his functionalities you have to carry out few more steps.
- Run the Plex application by clicking on Start, if you can find the Plex application then go back to the home screen and under the TV and Video section you will find that
- Once the app is opened create a Plex account if you are signing in for the first time
- After the account is created a code will be generated and a link will be provided.
- Open that link, enter the code on the page generated, wait for some time, you will receive a notification as “App Linked”. You may receive an error message also.
- Search Plex App in PlayStore from your Android device.
- Sign in using the same credentials as before and then select Stay in trial mode.
- Go to settings and in here enable the following
– Show Camera Roll Media
– Advertise as Server
– Network Discovery
We are done with the installation process of Plex on PS4. If your Kodi PS4 device and your Android phones are connected to a common Network then you can access the media files on your PS4.
Friends in here we have mentioned the best alternative app for Kodi for PS4 as the Kodi for PS4 is yet to come. Thanks for visiting our blog don’t forget to share your opinion by comments and feedback. Hope you liked our article.
Also read: https://vshare.eu/pair Kodi Streaming Authorization Paring