Make Windows 10 Faster
Windows systems offer many built-in features to make Windows 10 faster than before. These features help you fix many issues to speed up Windows system performance. Let’s discuss few tips on how to make Windows 10 run faster.
How to make Windows 10 run faster
Defrag Hard Drive
Defragmentation process on your Windows 10 system can help you improve Windows 10 performance significantly. It will help you declutter and organize files and other data on your system. To do this, follow these steps.
- Head to Start menu > File Explorer and select the drive (Usually C ) which contains Windows 10 operating system.
- Right-click on the selected drive and select Properties and go to Tools tab.
- Under Optimize and defragment drive section, press the Optimize button. Here, it will launch a new window called “Optimize Drives”. Now ensure that the system drive (usually C) is selected.
- Click on the Analyze button and wait until your system completes the analysis and displays the percentage of fragmented files.
- Check the percentage of fragmented files on your system and tap on Optimize button to start the defragmentation process on the selected drive.
- Let the process finish and reboot your system for the changes to take place.
Related Post : How to Solve Err_Network_Changed Error Message on Windows?
Note: You can also use disk partition software to optimize and manage disk space on your system.
Minimize the paging file
Paging file or Pagefile on your Windows 10 computer supports PC crash dumps and helps you enable your system to use physical memory (RAM) efficiently. This simple process helps your system to write some file content on the system disk memory if the RAM is near capacity. If you are using the computer with larger memory installed, then you can consider squeezing the paging file size. It will help you improve Windows 10 performance instantly. To do this, follow these steps.
- Go to Start menu and right-click on it. Here, select System > Advanced system settings.
- Under System Properties window, go to Advanced tab > Performance section and click on Settings button.
- Head to Performance Options windows > Advanced tab > Virtual memory and click the Change button.
- Now here in the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the option called “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives”.
- Now from the available options, select the system drive (usually C ).
- Now press the Custom Size radio button and enter the values in Initial Size and Maximum Size options in MBs as per the physical memory present in your system.
- Click Set and then OK.
Restart your computer to changes take place.
Disable Transparency and other Special Effects
Animations, transparency effect and other special effects on your system help you make your system look good. But most of these effects consume and occupy a lot of system resources affecting its performance. You can disable transparency effect on your system by heading to, Start Menu > Settings > Personalization. Now under Colors, toggle off option called “Make start taskbar and action center transparent”.
To disable other special effects on your system, go to Start menu > System > Advanced system settings and select System Properties. Here, select Settings and Performance to open Performance options and head to Visual Effects and choose “Adjust for best performance” or “Custom” to disable all such unwanted visual effects and click OK.
Disable Background Apps
Lot of apps and programs on your system keeps on running in the background, occupying precious system resources and causing slow performance. Many of these apps & programs include bloatware, old & obsolete programs and other unnecessary programs which keep on running in the background using system RAM. You can consider stopping all such apps & programs running in the background to free up system resources and improve Windows 10 performance. Also read Windows 10 Screensaver : How to Customize Screensaver?
To do this, go to Start Menu > Settings > Privacy > Background apps and toggle off these services instantly. It will stop all services running in the background to help you recover system resources and boost system performance. To start again these services, you can manually launch them anytime.
Manage Startup Items
Following this simple step, you can improve your system performance significantly. By managing your system startup items, you can boost your start-up time instantly. You can access your Task Manager to manage startup items on your system. To open task manager right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager from the prompted window. You can also go to Start menu and search for Task Manager and select it from the given options.
Here, Task Manager will be displayed in compact mode, to access it fully, click on the “More Details” option at lower left corner of the window. Click on the Startup tab to see all the programs which run at boot time. To stop any program from running at startup time, right-click on it and select Disable. Restart system for the changes to take place.
You can follow these simple steps to instantly improve Windows 10 performance to save your time & efforts. Apart from these steps, you can also look for some other software and hardware tweaks to improve your system performance.
Summary: You can use various built-in features offered by Windows to improve your system performance significantly. Let’s discuss few useful tips to improve your Windows 10 performance. There are some best free pc cleaner which you can also use to make your Windows faster.