Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Error 5242
- 1 Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Error 5242
While any user is trying to execute any of the internal operations on his database, if he sees that the integrated-pages are showing some structural inconsistency; then chances are strong that of SQL Server Error 5242 has occurred. Such an error message states: “An inconsistency was detected during an internal operation in database ‘%.*ls'(ID: %d) on page %S_PGID. Please contact technical support. Reference number % ld.”
Sql Server Fatal Error 5242 can get triggered while running the maintenance jobs or when users run DBCC CHECKDB commands. If any maintenance job has been running on the SQL database, then indexes are rebuilt and de-allocation is done for corrupted pages from the SQL database. So, any of the messages with such corruption being indicated will not be found inside the database.
Reason Behind SQL Server Warning Fatal Error 5242
SQL Server error 5242 relate to cases where the offset of the variable-length-column-offset-array goes past the offset value for the last record field. Error 5242 code won’t have been encountered, if the user had enabled the page-check sums or the torn-page-detection for the SQL database. Characteristically, both of these errors indicate corruption of the data-structures. Such problems are seen to happen whenever users have some issued with their I/O subsystems.
Some Suggested Workarounds to Fix SQL Server Error 5242
There is nothing direct as such that might cause such structural inconsistencies in MS SQL Server’s database-pages. So, several workarounds can be suggested that the users can implement for getting away with such fatal error 5242 SQL Server.
- First Try Detecting Any Hardware Failure: SQL Server warning fatal error 5242 can occurred due to hardware failure issues. So user have to perform Hardware-Diagnostics-Check on the system for ensuring all suspected hardware parts have been in proper working condition. If in case this highlights any such discrepancy, then that particular hardware component that is perceived to be affected could possibly be replaced, or in some cases, repaired.
- Hardware failures are even detected by the examination of Windows-Application-logs or through the careful study of SQL-Server’s Event-Log. This Log-examination is one of the most precise and fast sources for the detection of any hardware failures or even software ones and help user to find reason behind why the fatal error 5242 occurred.
- Eventually, as a preventive step, user can replace that particular hardware component(s) or switch them, which may need to run the operation of disk-formatting. Moreover, even the re-installation of the respective OS can be mandatory.
- Secondly, Try the Backup-Restoration Process: Some clean backup previous to this latest corrupted backup can be used to restore data components. This is a good resolution. This solution can help to minimize the risk of Microsoft SQL Server Error 5242. Restoring data from a recent backup taken prior to this particular damaged one provides maximum data recovery. This will ensure restoration of database components entirely other than just the ones that had been added in the latest corrupted backup.
DBCC-Implementation to Fix Fatal Error Code 5242
User can go for DBCC CHECKDB command without the any of the repair-clause. But using this method to fix SQL Server warning fatal error 5242 code might be a long and complex process but it can be tried out, which is DBCC execution.
This helps in finding out the corruption severity in SQL server database files and also suggests the repair-clause according to the intensity of corruption and help user to fix issues of SQL Server error 5242 in Database.
Further, the DBCC-CHECKDB command basically works by examining all pages that are been allocated to MS SQL database. And while this process is on, it might encounter some corrupted database-page. While attempting to open and read this particular corrupted page, SQL Server warning fatal error 5242 arises arises, it may fail told do so. Usual database queries tend to discard such bad, corrupted database pages
Solution for Fixing Microsoft SQL Server Error 5242 Error
In case of any error whether Fatal code error 5242. If the user is trying to recover data after such type of corruption issue; then, inaccessible table data can be restored using professional SQL Recovery solution; as these tools are adept in their job being developed by experts in this domain. Windows Warning Fatal Error 5242 in SQL Server are easy to repair. Such type of software runs advanced scans against corrupted SQL files for recovering all the lost or damaged SQL database objects like tables, indexes, views, table properties, triggers, etc.
Effective Solution for Fatal Error Code 5242
Another way of doing this would involve running of the proposed-command with the suggested-repair-clause. This method could be performed for executing logical as well as physical consistency-check on all SQL objects contained inside the database. Database-Console-Commands can also be run, as they may help in rectifying the issue and taking care of this Microsoft SQL Server Error 5242, which is in fact a warning fatal error.
If above methods fails to produce results in fixing SQL Server warning fatal error 5242, then third party vendors can be approached recover data from corrupt MDF file for SQL Database recovery for getting back the access to your lost SQL data.
- How to Solve Err_Network_Changed Error Message on Windows?
- Best Programming Language for Mobile Apps
- How Is Learning Record Store Different from LMS?