Are you a CA and tired of contacting your clients for the OTPs sent by Govt. while doing a GST registration, or while logging in every time until the GST number is received, or while filing the GST returns?
Does the OTPs sent by GSTN to your clients’ mobile expire most of times due to unanswered calls or late responses from clients ?
Do you face any kind of frustration from the client on your request for forwarding the messages/OTP amidst their important work or while they are interacting with their customers?
So many problems have now found one solution with the new SMSed app available to Android users.
Yes, you heard it right, the SMSed app is the solution for above-mentioned problems. Let’s see how?
SMSed app has user-friendly UI and a simple app which allows the user to configure Rules and the app forwards the OTP/message alert from User’s Mobile to required Destination Contact person’s automatically.
So henceforth, no need forCAs to call their clients for OTP nor their clients need to forward each time an OTP is generated for filing GST returns or GST registration or while logging in for details by his concerned CA.Further the frustration of the clients for forwarding the OTPs in between an important work or while they are interacting with the customer is avoided ,and it is ensured that there is no delay in the receipt of OTP by CA causing expiry of the ongoing online session with quick access to this app.
SMSed allows you to specify multiple rules to send and receive OTPs. In fact, the app can also serve the purpose of forwarding text messages.The interface of the app is very intuitive and easy to use. There are 4 screens- Inbox, Outbox, Rules, and Settings.
Features of the app
- Inbox: Inbox displays messages which are forwarded to you on the basis of Rules set by other user using the App. You may also receive a SMS separately.
- Outbox: Outbox displays messages which are forwarded to destination Contact Number as per Rules configured by you.
- Rules: Define Sender ID/Mobile number whose SMS you want to forward and insert the destination Contact number to which the message received from that Sender ID is to be forwarded.
- Settings: Specify your Name (or Nickname ) which shall be appended with the message received from the sender ID and forwarded to destination Contact number. Also, in case of dual SIM, select the network service provider which shall be used for SMS to be forwarded. Carrier charges shall apply.
- Call Back (Additional Feature): Notifies the destination contact person that you are expecting his/her call back through push notifications.
How to use SMsed App
The user has to download android the app “SMSed” from Play Store and carry out the following steps:
- The user has to first Register entering his mobile number and thereafter an OTP shall be generated. (The OTP shall be auto filled if the mobile number is same as the device’s SIM.)
- The user has to Click on Verify OTP and register on the app by entering the details asked for like Name, Last Name, Mobile number, Email address, Password. (This is a one time process only whereby the user has to fill the details and thereafter the user has to only remember the password entered in case the user logs out from the app in future and want to log in again.)
- After the user is registered he has to configure rules to forward message alert or OTPs to destination contact number. Rules screen will help with this. Switch to the Rules tab and Tap on the ‘+’ button. A dialog box will then appear in which the user need to specify the SenderID from where the OTP is expected to be received and the Destination contact number where does the user wish the OTP to be auto forwarded every time a message is received from that same SenderID.
- Once done, the user has to Tap on “Save” button to add the rule. Similarly, the user can add multiple rules. After the user has added all the rules, the app will handle OTPs and forward them to specific contacts as per the rules.
- For an example:
CA’s have to tell their clients to download the app and register first as per the steps 1, 2 and 3 described above. After registration CAs have to tell their client to make rule by inserting“MyGov” in “From Sender ID/ Mobile No.” tab and insert“CA’s Contact Number” in “Forward to Contact Number” tab as shown in the screenshot.
Similarly, the client can set other rules entering other sender IDs like ITDEFL i.e. Income tax department e-filing for forwarding OTPs in case of Income tax related filing and other task for which OTPs are received. CAs can share this app to their clients easily through Whatsapp by just clicking on “Share Us”button at the top right of the screen and selecting the list person/ group to be shared with.
Other Use Cases:
- An employee needs to call his Boss for OTP every time he needs to make a payment for online bookings like his Train journey, hotel bookings, Movies etc
- A wife has to call her husband for OTP in case she is using her husband’s credit card for online shopping.
- A person may be using two Mobile Phones but is taking only one Mobile phone abroad with International Roaming facility and wants the SMS received on his another phone in India to be forwarded to his Mobile phone which he is carrying abroad.
- A person having more than one Smartphone And forgets one at home and need OTP for booking cab ride or if he has registered using other number and forgets to get the SIM card with him where he needs OTP to proceed.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and download the app from Google App store right now. As of now the app is the only available for Android devices and might be added support for iOS later.
Download the app
Here is the link of video (You can embed this video on your blog with proper credits to smsed.in):