Guide to Fix Taskbar Not Working in Windows 10?
Windows 10 got launched in 2015. With its launch the Microsoft made a big change in its task bar by adding a search bar beside the task view icon. It has been viewed that or came to notice that users find real trouble with the components of Windows System UI. You might face issues where the task bar not working Windows 10 properly. Sometimes getting freezing out or become unresponsive or stop responding randomly. These issues made Microsoft to think over and finally introduced the troubleshooting methods. In here too, my concern is absolutely on letting you know How to Solve taskbar windows 10 not working error.
Also Read: How to Make Windows 10 Faster?
There are several methods to fix taskbar not responding Windows 10 problem but in here I have highlighted some of the best ones. Rather, the methods are effective one to be tried upon whenever your system faces such issues. Despite the problems faced by the users of the operating system, the newly formed task bar is really excellent in having user control over it. You have wide scope and opportunities to customize it as per your wish and preference. This made me concerned to let you know about all the best methods that I found exceptionally good and trusted for solving this task bar issue to completely enjoy the happy results of it.
How to Solve Taskbar Not Working Windows 10: Best Methods to be followed
In here I have added several methods for the common and general issues that arise. Depending on the aroused issues the management of the problem takes place. Whatever be the problem, the general solutions are provided here neatly for easy and clear understanding. Have a quick glance over them.
Related Search: How to Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Connected Windows 10?
Restart the Windows Explorer
This method can be used when your taskbar is not faced with any critical problem. Just some simple steps despite changing or manipulating the settings of the other system settings will fix the trouble.
- You need the Run command on your screen to open the Task Manager. For that you require to press on Win Key+R and then click OK by typing at the run command box taskmgr.exe.
- The Task Manager opens. You will see a tab named Processes. Click on that and simply scroll down to Windows Explorer.
- Select the found Windows Explorer and then follow it by clicking Restart.
- This must kill the Windows Explorer process and would shortly restart it resolving the said issue.
Bad Explorer Add ons Check
It might occur that due to some add ons of File Explorer smooth functioning of Windows Explorer is getting affected or interfered. To check this you need to boot your computer running on Windows 10 operating system in Clean Boot State and try to figure out the offender. This will require trial and error method because if you identify it then you must disable it or remove add on for resolving the issue.
Re-register the Task Bar
It might occur that the issue again revisited you despite all those fixes and all. To tackle or handle it then try this method of re-registering the task bar using Windows Powershell. This kind of problem can be fixed then if you use the command line tool, that is, Windows Powershell. This configures the settings of the system and automates the tasks of the Windows.
- Before following the proceeding steps for fixing the task bar issues, you need to create a system restore point.
- As the task bar is not working, you have the Win Key in your keyboard. Press on that and type Powershell. Put a right click over Windows Powershell (Desktop App) and then select the Run as Administrator option. A UAC window pops up. Select Yes on that.
- You need to provide an answer to the following command. Paste the entire command in the image given below at the place of the answer and then hit Enter.
- The command must have executed successfully. This now must be followed with the navigation to the directory of the Explorer. There you have your name as your account username. Also, check whether you have enabled showcasing the hidden items in the Explorer.
- Scroll down further to locate the TileDataLayer named folder. Once you find simply delete the folder. This must enable the task bar to perform expectedly once again.
Thus, the three simple methods on How to Solve Taskbar Not Working Windows 10 will surely guide you to have your task bar re-perform once again as expected. Following the methods is quite simple and easy. Despite of number of solutions available these chosen 3 best ones are undoubtedly helpful and genius in resolving the issues.
- How to Solve Err_Network_Changed Error Message on Windows?
- How to Download iMessage for Windows PC?
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone and iPad to Windows 10?