Cyber attacks are not subsiding at all but rather companies are facing more frequent and targeted attacks. What are the risks that your organization faces?
Some of the most common cybersecurity risks today are:
- Malware Attacks: Malicious actors trick businesses and/or customers into downloading software that infects their network and/or leads to data leaks.
- Phishing Attacks: These attacks typically involve the stealing of sensitive information like login credentials and credit card numbers.
- Ransomware: Ransomware attacks can block your access to a system, network, or database until you pay a fee to the attacker.
Similarly, insider threats, credential theft, and loss of intellectual property (IP) are also commonly administered cyber-attacks.
Author Bio – Aaron Cure
Aaron Cure is the Principal Security Consultant at Cypress Data Defense and an instructor and contributing author for the Dev544 Secure Coding in .NET course.
After 10 years in the U.S. Army, I decided to switch my focus to developing security tools and performing secure code reviews, penetration testing, static source code analysis, and security research.
- Is Your Company Prepared for a Cyber Attack?
- Best 8 Most Bizzare Cyber Attacks in the History aside from Ransomware (Infographic)
- What Are the Top Mobile App Security Vulnerabilities?